Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The 1980s

“There is really nothing more to say-except why. But since why is difficult to handle, one must take refuge in how.”― Toni Morrison


I'm From Philly. 30 Years Later, I'm Still Trying To Make Sense Of The MOVE Bombing

“Drop a bomb on a residential area? I never in my life heard of that," a neighborhood resident told a reporter that night. "It's like Vietnam.’
By the time the fire was finally under control, a little before midnight, 61 houses on that tidy block had been completely destroyed. Two hundred fifty people were suddenly, shockingly, without homes. It was the worst residential fire in the city's history.”


More about MOVE:

1 comment:

  1. The bombing of west Philly was an interesting video. I had never heard of this this incident or information before so this was good information to know.

    ReplyDelete